Your first DJ gear

Oh man, long time ago…:rofl:

2 Onkyo belt drive turntables and a Radio Shack Amp/Mixer combo…:raised_hands:

2 Likes

Radio Shack, yer LOL! Had one too with VU meters that made it up as they twitched along! Great memories.

4 Likes

Yes indeed! Mine was a bit different, but yes their stuff worked great! And, back then Radio Shack was everywhere…:facepunch:

1 Like

Yep had one of those, only two channels though. :joy:

Lol…We all had to start somewhere…:v::heart::musical_note:

1 Like

For some time now I am looking for the perfect beat. My interest in djing literally started ages ago! :wink:

Feel free to enjoy my mixes on www.mixcloud.com/djsabotage Thank you!

2 Likes

looking forward to some of this Alois :grinning:

3 Likes

Hello everyone! I had to google it, the first equip that I could afford was a Reloop RMX 2 mixer and a Reloop belt drive turntable (rp1000 I guess… 18 years ago aprox). Fortunately I switched them for Vestax PDX 2000 and a Rane TTM 56. I still have the Vestax turntables, well, at least one of the firsts I bought, I got stolen one of the pair’s long way ago after a gig. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Hi Tono! Welcome to the slipmat community. I’ve had once Vestax PDX 2300 (the black ones) and after I got used to the higher torque I really enjoyed spinning with them. Ultrapitch is a feature you can get very creative with (although I am not a turntablist). Very looking forward to see / hear you djing here! Cheers, Sabotage

3 Likes

Cool! Thank you very much @Alois , I’m pretty agree with you, I got one of those, with a Midi Note fader attached and as you said, it’s very creative and fun, I’m far away to be a pro, but I really enjoy the movement.
While I earn the trust of a mentor to do live shows here,take a look if you want :pray: :v:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-U61N3qMd-/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

5 Likes

@Tono looks great, and with Pocketoperators hahaha. Muy bien macho. Si necesitas un mentor lee esto DJ Looking for a Mentor y mándame un DM

1 Like

Muchas gracias @TDV ! te digo algo cuando lo lea :slight_smile: :pray: :raised_hands:

Hello everyone, new member here.

Back in 1990 Started with Tech 1200’s and a Gemini mixer.
About 10 years ago i had the itch to get back into DJ’ing. purchased an Hercules controller :smile: it did the job.
Moved to an NS6 which i currently have.

Latest purchase
Reloop RP8000 MKII
Reloop RMX DVS90 Mixer

sorry for the long winded post.

2 Likes

Haha, will never forget the radio shack “dj section”

3 Likes

Mine was a RMXrmx

2 Likes

that was my first as well.

1 Like

First studio gear… Wow! Lemme try to recall…

3x Technics SL 1200 turntables with Ortofon needles
Vestax PMC 3 channel mixer
Final Scratch / Traktor software & hardware
PowerBook G4
M Audio Firewire 410
M Audio Trigger Finger
Sony MDR V700 Headphones

Hehehehe

1 Like

Technic 1200’s and 2 channel clubman mixer

1 Like

2 Lenco L-75, yes I’m a dinosaur!!! lol

3 Likes

Yep. I learned to mix and remix with cassette tapes!

2 Likes