Your first DJ gear

This was my first setup.3287_69342658343_1251487_n
Numark TT-1650 & Numark TT-200 turntables with a Numark DM2002X mixer with a Sony receiver and two old stereo speakers. A begging of a huge vinyl addiction! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I just use seato. That’s the first software I used and just have stuck with it. Plus I mostly do Video’s I don’t think Prime has a Video add on.

1 Like

Hi!

Well of course, there’s no reason to change if you are happy with your current system. This is not a competition or similar :sweat_smile: I was happy with Traktor. I still use it and I have my last payed licensed. The point was that I wanted to move to a standalone system, not depending upon my computer that can crash, etc. I reviewed both Pioneer and Denon and I moved to Denon. I have given my pros and cons (objectively I think) on other part of Backstage. But again, if you don’t feel the need to change, don’t even think about it :love_you_gesture:

Regarding video, I’m not a heavy user of VJ, but for your information, Denon is part of InMusic brands (https://www.inmusicbrands.com/) and they have integrated in the ecosystem various tools. I use Soundswitch for DMX light controlling connected to the music you are playing and it’s AMAZING. Apparently for video they use Resolume, that also recognizes the music you are playing and faders, spinbacks, etc to handle the video realtime. I don’t have experience with it, but if it works so well as Sondswitch … https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70QmuVPYKAw Regards!!!

1 Like

When I started DJing back in 2013 middle school. All I had to my name was 2 dual 15’ Yamahas. A house amp. Also a Gemini 4 Line mixer, a maya 44 & a grey Dell with virtual DJ :joy::man_facepalming:t5:.

Next was 2 harbinger 15’ speakers. Unmarked ns7. Black dell. With Virtual DJ :man_facepalming:t5:

From 2015-Current: 4 piece set of altos. 2 technics. Gemini 2 channel. MacBook Pro. Sera to Scratch Live

Technics 1210s back in the 90s and then a massive hiatus until 4 years ago when I bought a Traktor S4. Love the controller to be honest and v happy with software too. Budget permitting the goal is CDJs for me :grinning:

3 Likes

Back in '93 2x Technics SL-1200 and a borrowed mixer. Went digital with 2x Pioneer CDJ-100s with Behringer VMX200. Kept the mixer and upgraded to CDJ-800 (and my first flight case!) with occasionally virtualdj and timecode cds. Not very happy with that setup. Moved over to controllers and now using Numark Mixtrack Pro II.

1 Like

my first gear was the Vastex typhoon with a laptop running linux!! :smiley:

1 Like

Back in 1990…
One Technic 1200 gifted to me by my DJ mentor, Scott Henry, and one purchased from a shady Baltimore pawn shop on the west side of Baltimore, and a cheap Radio Shack two channel mixer.

3 Likes

My first DJ gear was a Numark Mixtrack Pro 2… I remember thinking then, “I’m going to rule the world… me and my little controller!” And then things started getting complicated for my little junior DJ brain…

Growth and maturity is a very important thing in this line of work!!!

1 Like

Hello, this was mine in 2014, Hercules Control Impulse :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I second this recommendation. When I first moved to controllers, I picked up the MTP3 to use with Serato. Good sound, easy to groove on; you can’t beat it for the money.

1 Like

I love how many of you either started on or still use a numark mt3 or mt3 pro!
I started on vinyl, but this was my first go after that and honestly never upgraded.

Still deciding pioneer or denon ecosystem so that keeps me stuck besides the fact that the thing just works :slight_smile:

2 Likes

American DJ CDJs

1 Like

Im using a Denon MC6000MK2 together with a Elektron Model:Cycles to add some percussion to the mixes to add a little bit of spice to them :slightly_smiling_face:

Later I also want to switch the Model:Cycles out with a Roland TR-8s and a Behringer TD-3 since I’m a big fan of Acid music and I heard they match really well together.

4 Likes

Hercules DJ Controller…

3 Likes

Numark 2 channel mixer and 2 Gemini turntables. That sound was sure crappy.

2 Likes

A pair of Numark Axis 8 CD players and a Numark Matrix 3 mixer…thankfully graduated to a pair of Technics 1210’s and an Allen & Heath Xone:62 mixer

2 Likes

I started with a couple of Pioneer CDJ 100S;

and a Numark DM 1885X Mixer, rescued from a fire in a club! Sadly the sampler never worked;

Then moved on to 1210’s which I still use today with an Allen & Heath XONE:43C

4 Likes

This thing - probably shows how long i’ve been DJing :joy:

2 Likes

My first setup was Technics 1210’s MkII with a numark DM1000X mixer…

but have in the last month moved up to a Denon Prime 4 and am loving mixin tunes digitally

3 Likes