Your first DJ gear

For some time now I am looking for the perfect beat. My interest in djing literally started ages ago! :wink:

Feel free to enjoy my mixes on www.mixcloud.com/djsabotage Thank you!

2 Likes

looking forward to some of this Alois :grinning:

3 Likes

Hello everyone! I had to google it, the first equip that I could afford was a Reloop RMX 2 mixer and a Reloop belt drive turntable (rp1000 I guess… 18 years ago aprox). Fortunately I switched them for Vestax PDX 2000 and a Rane TTM 56. I still have the Vestax turntables, well, at least one of the firsts I bought, I got stolen one of the pair’s long way ago after a gig. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Hi Tono! Welcome to the slipmat community. I’ve had once Vestax PDX 2300 (the black ones) and after I got used to the higher torque I really enjoyed spinning with them. Ultrapitch is a feature you can get very creative with (although I am not a turntablist). Very looking forward to see / hear you djing here! Cheers, Sabotage

3 Likes

Cool! Thank you very much @Alois , I’m pretty agree with you, I got one of those, with a Midi Note fader attached and as you said, it’s very creative and fun, I’m far away to be a pro, but I really enjoy the movement.
While I earn the trust of a mentor to do live shows here,take a look if you want :pray: :v:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-U61N3qMd-/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

5 Likes

@Tono looks great, and with Pocketoperators hahaha. Muy bien macho. Si necesitas un mentor lee esto DJ Looking for a Mentor y mándame un DM

1 Like

Muchas gracias @TDV ! te digo algo cuando lo lea :slight_smile: :pray: :raised_hands:

Hello everyone, new member here.

Back in 1990 Started with Tech 1200’s and a Gemini mixer.
About 10 years ago i had the itch to get back into DJ’ing. purchased an Hercules controller :smile: it did the job.
Moved to an NS6 which i currently have.

Latest purchase
Reloop RP8000 MKII
Reloop RMX DVS90 Mixer

sorry for the long winded post.

2 Likes

Haha, will never forget the radio shack “dj section”

3 Likes

Mine was a RMXrmx

2 Likes

that was my first as well.

1 Like

First studio gear… Wow! Lemme try to recall…

3x Technics SL 1200 turntables with Ortofon needles
Vestax PMC 3 channel mixer
Final Scratch / Traktor software & hardware
PowerBook G4
M Audio Firewire 410
M Audio Trigger Finger
Sony MDR V700 Headphones

Hehehehe

1 Like

Technic 1200’s and 2 channel clubman mixer

1 Like

2 Lenco L-75, yes I’m a dinosaur!!! lol

3 Likes

Yep. I learned to mix and remix with cassette tapes!

2 Likes

cool did they have vari speed?

Only the Tascam! First time I had two 1200s together was the first night at my first club/radio show in 1989. I was so nervous, I had to have the coat check girl put my needles down for me!

1 Like

Ion Belt Drives!

I was EXTREMELY fortunate. I had an amazing sister and group of friends who saw the musical insanity lingering inside. I was a mixtape kid who hit all his friends, lovers and family members with almost daily tape drops. Then I started mixing tracks slowly due to tech and available storage with good ole Soundforge DAW. Expanding or compressing my tracks then cutting and then mix pasting them. I jumped on decks any chance I could get and a small crowd would gather knowing that all I wanted was this and something special(even if it wasn’t tech good) was happening. Then my sister and my friends got tired of seeing this dream of mine just out of reach. I was constantly working but not making much money. They pooled their money together and bought me a set of Technic 1200mk2’s and an American DJ mixer with Pioneer headphones. I have a picture of myself trying to hold back the tears with a ridiculous sh*t eating grin on my face. They waited until my birthday to reveal this prize they had for me. I am notorious for hating my birthday. I don’t know what happened to me to make me hate them but I hole up and don’t talk to any one. Let’s just say this was the one birthday I smiled non stop and will always cherish as far as memories go. After that night my sister and my friends didn’t see me for over a week because I was glued to those decks and had no intentions of stepping away from them.

1 Like

My first gear was a DDJ-FLEX 4 and i really loved it, it was amazing. Both very beginner friendly and yet very useful as DJ´ing more advanced and at parties etc. Truly a piece close to heart