Frankie Pro Plans

Frankie is our purpose-built video encoder that you can use as an engine with your Slipmat events. Frankie is developed spesifically – and only – for DJ live streaming so it performs better for DJ use than most generic solutions. Running and maintaining these high-end encoders is quite expensive and because Slipmat is fully community-funded, you need to participate in sharing the costs if you want to use it after your trial period.

Here are our current plans for Frankie Pro:

Monthly Subscriptions

Pro

The starter plan is $9.95 /month. You get:

• Technical support via a private Backstage group
  • 720p / 3,5M video, 320 audio
  • WIP: Automatic audio recordings of all sets (capped at 2h)
  • WIP: Podcast feed from event recordings

Rockstar

The recommended plan is $19.95 /month. You get:

• Technical support via email and a private Backstage group
  • 1080p / 5M video, 320 audio
  • LITE encoder for low bandwith w/ 320 audio
  • WIP: Automatic audio recordings of all sets (capped at 4h)
  • WIP: 3 user-assignable podcast feeds from event recordings
  • WIP: Downloadable event chat logs for 7 days

Superstar

Our high-end plan is $49.95 /month. You get:

• Technical support via email and a private Backstage group
  • 1080p / 5M video, 320 audio
  • LITE encoder for low bandwith w/ 320 audio
  • WIP: Automatic audio recordings of all sets (capped at 8h)
  • WIP: 10 user-assignable podcast feeds from event recordings
  • WIP: Experimental: automatic video recordings of all sets (capped at 4h)
  • WIP: Downloadable event chat logs for 30 days
  • Separate low-traffic server environment for even better streaming quality

Dedicated Plans

If you want absolute piece of mind and/or want to support the development of Slipmat, we also offer fully dedicated plans where we host a private Frankie instance on a private server just for your use. These plans start at $199 /month and are tailored for each customer. If you are interested in a dedicated plan, please email us at slipmat@slipmat.io.

Per-event keys (TBA)

Monthly plans may not be suitable for all use cases. We also offer per-event keys that allow artists to host infrequent events with Frankie Pro.

The details for per-event keys are not yet ready. Please contact us at slipmat@slipmat.io if you need these right now, we’ll work out a temporary solution.

FAQ

A note about PayPal

We use PayPal and their Subscriptions-feature for processing and handling these subscriptions. While it offers a good number of payment options and a robust basic functionality, it unfortunately does not allow us as much flexibility as we’d like for example with easy plan upgrades and downgrades or free months.

The current implementation is very basic but it works. If you want to upgrade or downgrade your subscription, you first need to cancel the old subscription and there is no automatic prorated rates. We can offer manual refunds if you absolutely need one.

How do I purchase Frankie Pro keys?

Find “Subscription” page from your DJ dashboard.

Do I now have to pay to use Slipmat?

No you don’t. The subscription is only for the Frankie Pro streaming engine which is a totally new thing. You don’t need to use if you don’t want to. Everything else on Slipmat is still free to use as it was before.

Is there a free version of Frankie?

For all new DJs, Frankie is available as a free trial for 21 days. After that you need to either buy a subscription or use some other engine.

I only play seldomly, do I have to get a monthly subscription?

No you don’t. There will be an event-based model for renting out Frankie Pro keys.

I have long breaks in my streaming due to gig tours, can I suspend my subscription?

Yes, of course. You can cancel and pick up your subscription again any time you like.

Can I get my money back if I don’t like it?

Well, you should already have a pretty good understanding what you were renting in the first place, but if for some reason you absolutely want to get your money back, just email us and we’ll handle it manually.

What’s with the WIP features?

They are Work In Progress, being developed and tested at the moment. If you are particularly interesting in some specific thing and want to help with testing, get in touch!

2 Likes