Active Slipmat DJ Mentors

If you are a Slipmat DJ who is willing to endorse and mentor new DJs, post a short hello here!

(Please do not post in this thread if you are not a DJ. This is for mentor announcements only)

Tell your DJ name, where you live (timezones are kind of important as Slipmat is a global community!) and any other things you’d like newcomers to know about you. (Maybe for example when you’re usually here, etc.)

Also: if you at any point would like to take a break from mentoring, just come back and delete your post. You can always post another one. We’d like to keep the list as up to date as possible :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hi. I’m @theaardvark, one of the DJs who streams here on the @FidgetRadio channel. I’m based in the UK and speak English.
I DJ a wide range of dance music along with rock, punk, folk, pop, alt. C&W, etc, etc.
The @FidgetRadio crew broadcast from several location. In each we have a multiple DJ software, multiple camera set up routed through OBS into Slipmat.io (often through restream.io multistream service).
If I can help anyone get up and running or deal with any problems on Slipmat then drop me a message. :¬)

7 Likes

Hello friends!
@digitizedsoul here - Radio4Ravers show host & producer of deep atmospheric sonic vibes.
I too have a fairly complex broadcasting setup with multitrack audio & several cameras, slates & scenes as well as my proprietary visualizations I do as part of my show.

By day I am a cloud architect and find myself knee deep in web apps like Slipmat all the time in my career. Also spend a lot of personal time in video & transcoding stuff (mostly in AWS, but a lot of ffmpeg stuff at home) so glad to man-splain some of that if needed as well :smiley:

Best way to reach me is to @ me on Discord in the slipmat support channel if you aren’t understanding something.

6 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: DJ Looking for a Mentor

Hi I’m marky-j based in the UK play a mixture of house and soul, use traktor s8 and technics 1200 with OBS into slipmat with two logitech cams.

I’m fairly new to this myself but will help where I can.

2 Likes

Hi oxyRTRD here! Ville is my real name. Based in London, UK. Usually here every weekend, now because this Covid19 case I will be here more often. Have been here since site was opened. I’m multilingual, English and Finnish goes!

I will help you people as much as I can.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: DJ Looking for a Mentor

Hi, Pedro from Spain.

Happy to help with the 2 different profiles process, and OBS basic set up for streaming.

Regards!

4 Likes

Hello, Satai here. Ville is the real name. Based in Jyväskylä, Finland and I’ve been Slipmat DJ for couple of years now. Willing to help if I have time. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hi all

It’s DJ Frohike here from cold north at Arctic Circle
I’ve been slipmatian for few years now and you can contact me also for invitations.

9 Likes

Newcomers looking for an invite, do not start you Slipmat journey with fucking up by not reading the instructions. Do not post in this thread if you are not a mentor. This is for mentor announcements only.

2 Likes

Tim from Sweden , am new here but have been into music and entertainment for quite a while now. Am happy to help In any little way I can

2 Likes

Hi artical here, based in UK, been streaming for a while from slipmat.io, have a few fellow DJs from a UK radio station im involved with that we want to get running on slipmat so signing up to mentor them (and other new slipmat djs as time permits) on slipmat.

3 Likes

Hi, i am Tommy Deogan. Dj from Sweden.
Mixes and mashup mostly dance & eurodance, but even 50 & 60´s. Haha i know, sounds wierd huh. but i urge you to try and mix and mash them genres up with matching BPM (As 50 & 60s mostly have great and hi energized bpm´s) Sounds great.

Anyway, i am of course available to help out if there are new people starting with dj´ing. I am no expert but i sure can help them out with the basics.

1 Like