What is your current set up?

good to have you here, check out the event listed how to get an invite, I’m sure you be up and running soon.

1 Like

2 x Rane Twelve + Rane Seventy-two, I love them

1 Like

Never used these but they look ace!

Just recently made the switch to Denon Prime 2. Originally was rocking a Pioneer SR-2, but wanted to move into a stand-alone player vs running serato off my laptop. I was also experiencing latency issues on my Dell G5 laptop, so also anoter reason to switch over (instead of investing into another laptop).

Still getting used to the stand-alone setting (the green wave bars vs the Serato wave bars have been a bit to get used to), but I do hope that Denon releases a firmware update so that the Prime 2 can connect to Serato, just so I have the option. My other gripe with the Prime 2 is that the performance pad options are a bit of a letdown, especially when coming off the SR-2 with many more options. Who knows, perhaps Denon will release a firmware update that would provide the options of formating the performance pads :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Hi I am using Virtual DJ and a Dell laptop for now - still saving up for an initial intro controller- looking at Pioneer DDJ 400 - started on 1 SL1200 and 1 AKAI in '87 and fell in love with mixing - been out of it for a while now BUT want back in! Love how technology has transformed the DJ’s toolbox - am a teacher so i share my VDJ and mixing knowledge with my students :wink: looking forward to being part of this platform.

1 Like

Rekordbox & Streaming Setup: MacBook Pro 13in, Technics 1200-MK2, Technics 1210-MK3D, XDJ-1000MK2, DJM-750MK2, DDJ-XP2, Korg Kaossilator Pro+, 2 KRK-RP5’s, Shure PGA-48 Mic, Shure SRH750DJ Headphones, Behringer-UMC202HD Audio Interface, Logitech c930e HD cam, Logitech c920 HD Pro cam, OBS Studio.

1 Like

nice set up!

Thank you sir… (:

B

Pair of 1210s with a Traktor Z2 when I’m switching between real vinyl and timecode (I scratch and stuff) with Traktor Pro 3, or Serato Pro and the DDJ SB3 for radio stuff. I incorporate an iPad to use as a cartwall and push all my audio into an Allen & Heath desk, then via USB to an iMac (a real old one, the iLamp!) and use Nicecast to push it to a Shoutcast server.

Thinking about buying a pair of Reloop RP8000 Mk2s and the Elite mixer soon…

I also have a 4K Peavey PA rig for small gigs up to 100 or so people (obviously not now!). I don’t do weddings or stuff like that, just underground music events that I and my friends cook up!

Picture below for the 1994 King Of Concrete BMX competition in Southsea in the UK

waxer_koc1

1 Like

Nice setup man, I’m on the verge of buying a Mac Mini as a main studio machine, currently using a Macbook pro as main DJ laptop and an iMac for streaming, but it’s a really old iLamp and I need something way meatier for OBS. I also use Traktor and an F1

1 Like

Just my laptop and audiotechnica’s. I am fairly new to DJ’ing, so I haven’t invested in much, yet.

2 Likes

I’m here for all the color :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Basically a couple of old and cheap second hand Denon Sc2900 connected via ethernet with an older laptop that acts as fileserver with horrible denon software…
Then a little pad for one shot samples…

I don’t trust traktor no more…

2 Likes

I had an issue with my Traktor Z1 and ditched it in favour of a Reloop Mixtour, a little two channel mixer that seems perfect for me anyway (using VDJ), might be worth checking those out as I’d recommend them

1 Like

Numark NS6 w/ Serato Pro
Sometimes I add the Pioneer DDJ-XP2 for some added functionality, and I’ve been experimenting with running a Korg Electribe 2 Sampler into channel 4 of my NS6 while I’m mixing

1 Like

I’m back on my old S2 since my x1 mk1 isnt supported by mac OS anymore.
But will get the x1mk2 asap so i can get the z1 back on track. i love the minimalistic approach and using my keyboard, mouse & screen. Dont know why everyone’s so much in love with the cdjs. I mean 2000s and nice a&h mixer is a nice setup, but it’s huge and doesnt even give me much more possibilities. Also i never prepare sets, so a lot of time is used searching and scrolling.

Nowadays I use Serato Dj Pro + 2 Technics 1210mg5 turntables and the Numark Scratch mixer (Serato DVS Ready)

I use an xone px5 mixer from allen & heat with 2 pieces of the old technics sl 1200 mk2 and a tractor from NI

1 Like