What is your current set up?

Hi

Interesting hearing what kit people have started on and some people have mentioned their latest kit.

Looking to hear what people use now?

I’m on Traktor S8 + 2X Technics 1200, use with timecode and vinyl running through Genelec speakers.

thanks
M

1 Like

I use Pioneer DDJ-SX2 and XDJ-RX.

1 Like

Looks like nice kit, do you use rekordbox with it? I’ve messed around on the DDJ400 and liked it. Can’t figure out if Pioneer are due an update on their CDJs?

Yeah I use Rekordbox. When I learned DJing with Mixtrack Pro 3 I used Serato.

1 Like

Nice one, have you had a go on the new Denon kit?

Not yet. I would like to try it some day. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m on Denon SC5000s and a DJM-800. I used to run 2 Technics 1200M3D with Serato but got tired of staring at a computer screen when I DJ haha

2 Likes

I know what you mean about computer screens! Interested in why you choose denon over pioneer players?

I’m also all-in denon guy, running sc5000’s with x1800, and now latest addition to fleet is Prime4 which I love. For me the reason to choose Denon gear was that they are technically so far ahead of pioneer.

2 Likes

I’m wondering if Pioneer are going to upgrade soon to catch up?

I’m old enough that I actually started with cassettes! LOL. These days I’m working with a laptop and an American Audio VMS2. Not the best controller, but it’s pretty solid for something cheap. And I like the metal construction and XLR outs.

2 Likes

I chose Denon’s over Pioneer because 1) they have a crapton of features like the Pioneers 2) are easier to use those features imo and 3) are a HELL of a lot cheaper xD I basically wanted industry standard and the SC5000’s are the closest I could get without breaking my bank account cause I got both SC’s for the price of one 2000nx2. Plus they’re just a blast to mix on with the pads on the bottom. I don’t really trust the Denon mixers yet so I’m still running my old 800. Pioneers are built like tanks so if I had the money I probably would have gone that route but you just get more bang for your buck with Denon.

1 Like

you must be another member of the 50+ group then! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yep! 53. Started spinning in the mid 80s.

1 Like

2x Pioneer CDJ 2000 Nexus & DJM 900 Nexus

2 Likes

Starting mixing in 1982 on belt drive turntables, then 1210’s and now Denon SC3900’s and a DJM 450.

2 Likes

I’m running a MacBook with TP3 and the S4 Mk3, audio from the main runs through a focusrite interface to an HP Pavilion i7 core(s). I have 3 x Logitech 922 cams, one Canon EOS all into OBS and several different visualizer screens and lights. Upload will generally run in excess of 35mbps. Recording the AV with this set up is crystal, no stutter, no drops and stunning color. I’ve run through YouTube, Twitch, BandLab and Livestream and get a solid result 99% of the time.
We ran with slipmat.io tonight for the first time and we had to pull the feed off after a couple of minutes because the resolution at the server end was horrible, the color was washed and the frame rate looked to be about 10fps, we wer only putting out 30, not 60! The audio output our end was 256 but coming back it was struggling, really struggling to hit 128.
Is this common with slipmat?

1 Like

For broadcasting I am using a Pioneer DDJ SR2, with a Presonus Studiolive AR8 mixer, M-Audio BX5 studio monitors, a laptop with Serato DJ Pro, and broadcast with Streamlabs OBS on a separate computer. I do all my own graphics work for my scenes. I recently upgraded my road speakers to RCF 310-A MK4’s and my stands to air-assist stands. The mixer in the picture is not my current mixer

5 Likes

Started with a technics record player and a tape deck. Graduated to 1200s and the Numark model 1850 I think🤔had two crossfaders. Of course transitioned to Denon cd decks then Denon Controllers. I finally Jumped the Denon ship and Now use a Pioneer DDJ-1000, RCF Evox 8’s and mostly Chavet Lights!
Resized_20180707_215707_2377|666x500

2 Likes

Started off in 2000 with a pair of Vestax PDX 2000 and a PMC 07 pro. Nowadays I’m using either a Traktor z2 or a Pioneer DJM- T1, 2 Kontrol d2’s and a Kontrol f1 with 1 Vestax 2000 hooked up mainly for either listening or grabbing samples to play with. I have 2 Behringer inuke 1000’s, Behringer crossover, JBL sf22sb, 2 JBL sf 15, 2 Yamaha CW 118’s and 2 KRK RP5G3’s.

2 Likes