Introduce yourself

@DrBones I’m coming out of Dortmund, Germany :slight_smile:

1 Like

What’s shaking everyone? Jake Schneider aka PIDDONKADONK here from Colorado and Florida. Have always spun, scratched records, etc but have spent almost the entirety of my career as an agent, manager and later, a part owner and the director of agency for acts like Bassnectar, Keys N Krates, Pharcyde, Blackalicious, Mobb Deep, etc, whereas now I work mainly as a consultant for a variety of acts, while creating a platform that kind of pulls back the curtain into the music biz’s “boys club” and helps to empower and educate both developing and established artists. If anyone needs some time or advice, feel free to reach out. Not soliciting anything - just saying hello and have been fascinated with this project as I feel like I’m one of the “suits” who actually has a great grasp on technology, whereas most of us can’t set up their email :wink:

www.piddonkadonk.com/about
www.piddonkadonk.com/about/recently-shared/

4 Likes

Hi Jake
Sounds like you’ve got an interesting job there, what kind of platform are you talking about?

Hi All!

I am excited to be part of this site and community. I am an “old time” DJ from the 80’s when using 3, 1200 Technics Turntables in a club was huge, lol. Now I consider myself recreational and have a setup in the “spare bedroom” that I use for broadcasting and spinning. I am considered a semi-pro poker player and host a weekly poker talk show/podcast as well. But playing music is still my passion and how I release stress from the “real” job lol.

I’m looking forward to learning more on this site. Did my first broadcast last night and of course forgot to record. I used to be on Chew so thought it saved. Oh well, lesson learned. Looking forward to my next mix.

Hal aka DJ High Roller

5 Likes

Hi Hal :+1:

Hey, I am mixing since 1998, released many Albums you can find a few releases on beatport, iTunes and most of them on my bandcamp. I have a Radioshow since 15 years on FM Radio Blau in Leipzig called Dubnight Radioshow where I play Dub and off beat related tunes… since 2018 I play a techno show for evosonic radio every two weeks… since twitch and YouTube is blocking most of my music I am looking for a new place to stream my DJ sets… so, what about the Copyrights in here… in Germany we have the GEMA where many artists are registered and this is the reason YouTube blocks live-streams because YouTube don’t want to pay GEMA fees… well, I think this is another topic…so here I am looking forward to try out the stream one day… greetings from Berlin!

Here some links:

5 Likes

Hi All

I am a dnb DJ from South Africa,
I have been spinning since 1996 and enjoy how the scene has evolved.
So glad that someone started enabling all of us to go digital live.
Thanks Slipmat.io

Nice meeting you all.

5 Likes

Hello Slipmat Family,

My name is Brotha Reese i am from San Jose, California.
Started djing back in 1985, yes I am a old dude. lol enough said.

I represent EandB Music (dj services), Ego Crushen Sessions (webcast), Funk Lab (San Jose dj crew), Soul Parlour(podcast), Street Take Over Radio(online radio)

djed for college radio station at San Jose State 90.5fm Project Sounds in the 93 - 94. in 95 to 96 i djed for Morning Dog House Show on Wild 94.9 FM. took a break to help my wife raise our son and newly born daughter, but continue to dj clubs and mobiles through out the Bay Area. Early 2000’s had mixshow on KDON 102.5 FM and did special guest spots on Hot 105.7 FM and Q 102.1FM.

My Wife Norma Jean the Boss, Mr Tay and Dj Venom we started a webcast Ego Crushen session in 2008 it was webcast show and featured many dope dj’s all different styles of music and djing. Since here in the states they started to crack down on copyright music, we had to go off air.

Open Format dj, Vinyl Enthusiast, Serato User,Pioneer CDJ’s and Technics 1200,Rane MP2016 Rotary mixer(the best for mixing Disco,Soulful House) my opinion.

Love spinning Boogie,Disco,Funk,Latin,Hip Hop,House,Neo Soul/R&B and other styles too.

I miss streaming and doing webcast. Was doing research and found this site. loved the concept of what Slipmat is doing. You can tell that it is about the culture of djing. It would be dope to get my own show on Slipmat. Please God reach out touch someones heart and have them cosign for me!!!

Wishing everyone in the Community Living Room a Happy New Year and Positive vibes from you brotha from anutha mutha!!

Cheers,

Brotha Reese

5 Likes

Salute. I forgot to record as well lol. I will try to catch your next show :+1:t5:

Hey all. I’m Lee DJ Sound based in Norwich in the UK
I have been playing for well over 20 years now mainly playing UK Hardcore but branch out to Drum & Bass and Uplifting Trance.

Looking forward to hopefully getting mixing on this site. I love the vibe already.

:+1:t2:

5 Likes

It sounds somewhat basic, but working on the “suits” end of things for an insane amount of time, most know that this industry is dominated with an abundance of egos, many of them are egos that aren’t even warranted. There are so many things that artists can do to take control of their careers, find new revenue streams, learn techniques and practices for living in healthy constructive ways, touring healthy, finding mental health professionals to work through what can be an intenstly gruelling lifestyle, teach artists early on how to manage their money (without touching it), and at the end of the day the industry folk (not all of them, but many of them, all competing with each other) keep so much infirmation away from artists as if we’re living in a world of trade secrets, but in fact these things are arbitrary, and there is enough to go around to bring the collective UP. So myself, a bunch of former clients, and other peers in the music industry are creating a collective based online with tiered memberships, and INCREDIBLY AFFORDABLE at that, to consult, teach, empower, answer questions, and demo constructive ways to address these topics. Essentially - we’re pulling back the curtains a bit. I’m not talking about some Bourdain (RIP) Kitchen Confidental type of way…well maybe :wink:

At the end of the day there is a HUGE disparity that the general public isn’t aware of between the haves and the have nots in the world of artists, and if we can do anything to even those playing fields by enabling artists to have the tools they need early on, it’s a win in our eyes. My attempt is not to be some “eff the system, let’s over throw it” (meh, we’ll see) as an obnoxious idealist, but having created a vast roster of artists that were incredibly successful in completely new ways employing strategy that the industry had never seen before the rest of the biz needs to start thinking outside the box in an artist-centric way, because at the end of the day, that’s how we make money (feel free to reach out for more info if it’s of interest you, because I am blowing smoke up my own ars on this one). Have seen too many comrades fall in the past however many years, and I too have had my time with burnout and it’s a fun thing to be working on along with a couple of other big artist-initiative projects that we are rolling out. Hopefully that helps answer your questions?

3 Likes

Hi i´m “dj haavi” name Ari and “haavi” is CB call 80´s, play just for fun and sommetimes play ug club call “NHC” and slipmat

4 Likes

I just realized I never did my intro on this forum even though I’ve been spinning here for a few months! DJ Michael A here from Flint, Michigan in the USA. I’ve been spinning since 1986, and do an eclectic mix of stuff. Kaleidoscope on Thursdays 10pm EST (rock, psych, power pop, funk, soul, reggae etc), and Phantom Radio on Mondays same time (alternative, darkwave, post-punk, punk, electronic etc).
Just coached my buddy Billdacat into his first live stream, so I guess I officially sort of know what I’m doing here now. Sort of. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Hello,

My name is Asena and I am a Dj\Producer in Turkey. I live in southwest cost village which is called ‘Akyaka’. This is my account for FridayAnyway live show. I tried to find live streaming community and couldn’t get what i need ann finally I found you! I wanne be a part of this community and engaged with people who wants to spread love through music.

Lots of love
Asena

4 Likes

Welcome to Slipmat!

2 Likes

Hello everyone!

My name is James Roe & I produce and spin under the alias ‘digitizedsoul’ for many years now. I was a member of the Chew.TV community - as I see many of you were - with my little radio show, Radio4Ravers.
Very excited at what you guys are up to over here as I wasn’t able to transition from Chew to bandlab with my format of broadcast. Also it seems that YouTube is becoming even less friendly to label produced tunes being played as part of a set or radio show episode so I am running out of options!

I am also hanging out over on the Digital DJ Tips “Global DJ Network” facebook group contributing where possible and answering questions.
Looking forward to meeting some folks, catching some of your performances & hopefully sharing my radio show concept with you all!

James Roe (digitizedsoul)
Atlanta GA - USA
Trance / Progressive / Psy / “Atmosphere”
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd2x3jYf_O2uoUMD54jMa6w

7 Likes

Welcome James!

3 Likes

I go by the name of BigAB2 - Some people call me Big ABS, not sure why unless you count a big belly LOL. The name is simply how you see it Big A B 2. I have been doing a show called The Sunday Night Chill Down Session for years (look it up on youtube) just a mix of jazz and R&B to soothe your soul. However since all the video/chatroom options have all but disappeared it’s hard to do a show without a place to do it. That’s why I’m hoping this place can be a new home for the show. Thanks for listening.

6 Likes

Good to have ya here!

2 Likes

Welcome to the club BigAB2! You’ll find slipmat to be a perfect spot for your show.

2 Likes