Introduce yourself

I am Wayne Nolting, aka DJ Blade Sparx. I live in Newington, CT, USA, and was born in Belgium. I started DJing back in 1981 with Vinyl and worked through the changing DJ audio technologies. I also specialized as a former web designer in early streaming technologies before all the online platforms even existed. I have covered many genres of music, worked all kinds of venues and events. I have kept up my research for many years testing all the latest streaming platforms I could find and quite honestly find Slipmat to be the “King of The Hill”. My current preferences are all the house and other dance genres and I prefer to work with remixes as opposed to the standard radio edits everyone else is used to. I broadcast live from home and recently updatef to lighter mobile equipment to hit the road again at 67…yes beware of older men wearing DJ T-shirts…LOL

7 Likes

Sorry for the delay in my reply, been busy at work. Still got my streetsounds Electro albums. I play from house, tech house, techno. and old school dane/trance.

1 Like

nice setup Wayne, yes we are the old ones lol

2 Likes

Hello all,

I’m third DJ originally from Finland under this topic and surprise surprise, my name is also Ville, I had to move to UK few years ago because we have too many Villes in Finland… haha seriously because of job, and nowadays living in London. My DJ name is oxyRTRD (I know it’s hard, but it’s unique!), before I was known as DjO2. I started deejaying in 2014, but before that I have been always the music responsible almost in every party where I have been invited, now I’m wondering why I was never invited anywhere… haha just joking. I have produced music (or tried to) long time from beginning of 2000. Music is always been my favorite hobby. In real life I try to make some money with automation things in big factories all over the Europe and maybe all over the world in future. I play usually at Saturdays, if my partner and dog gives me a permission to do so (oh god I’m so funny). Usually start-up time is at 20:00 (GMT 0)

You can find me from:
Facebook: fb.me/oxyRTRD
Mixcloud: mixcloud.com/ville-oksanen/
and from many another places with my DJ nick. I’m too lazy to list all of those.

4 Likes

Welcome @oxyrtrd! :smiley:

2 Likes

Twitch is mainly for gamers and podcasters. You landed in the right place for a higher quality DJ broadcast. Welcome

2 Likes

Hello Slipmat Family!

My name is Jay aka Keyz410 aka DJ KEYZ from Baltimore MD :grinning:

I’ve been DJing for well over 20 years, always looking to improve my craft! I currently stream live on Periscope and you can follow me www.pscp.tv/DJKeyz410/

I’m looking forward to rockin’ out here and meeting all the DJs and listeners!

If one of my fellow DJs can help me with the invite will definitely be appreciated!

2 Likes

Hi!

My name is Deeze aka DJ Deeze from Dallas, Texas:

I’ve been Dj’ing for well over 13 years, I started Dj’ing back in 2006 before that I just started out as a music producer music, recording artist & engineer. I currently spin night clubs, private events, concerts, and also live stream.

You can follow me on Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/_djdeeze/

3 Likes

Hey everybody, I’m “D.J. Mad One” from Chicago,IL, USA. I’ve been in the game longer than I care to admit but I’ll just say that Planet Rock was still fairly new when I started spinning. I’m a member of the nationally recognized Mix Masters from Chicago.

4 Likes

Welcome Mad One, that some heritage with MixMasters, got that Mix Masters feat. MC Action ‎– In The Mix (Fast Eddie’s Mix).

2 Likes

Have a read of this…The Difference Between Listener and DJ Profile

To break the trend here since everyone from Finland is named Ville…
I’m not!
I’m born in Sweden by finnish parents.
Name is Petri and I began dj’ing at the youth club at my school back in '91. Actually already in '90 in primary school but that was with belt-driven no-pitch gear and no training and/or skills.
But in '91 I actually got schooling on real beatmixing on 1200’s.
So that was basically a year before the first dual-cd with pitch came from Denon. :laughing:
I mostly go by the name DJ Petri or DJP depending on what type venue I play.
If it’s a regular nightclub then DJ Petri. If it’s a dank basement with phat strobes and thick smoke and I play d’n’b on vinyl then it’s DJP. Used DJ PingU for a while too.

Now I mainly play music videos, partly to take it to the next level, partly because I love technology and I’m a gear freak and just love to buy new stuff! (Wife hates it!) :grimacing:

4 Likes

What’s up, y’all! My name is Wade and here I am! I live in Wisconsin, it’s cold outside. I like art, mainly modern, multimedia, collage and surrealism but am incredibly open minded. Music is my jam. I won’t go as far as to say I love everything. I really love drum n bass music, crusty punk rock, rebel country music, golden era hip-hop, GOOD 80’s jams… I spin drum n bass and techno as a hobby. Used to go out and play shows and raves and such but I’ve kind of gotten away from that recently… Not that I’m opposed, just that there’s too many fish in the pond, so to speak. Other than that I have a little pit bull named Ziggy or Mrs. Zigglesworth and she’s a sweetheart of a dog. Word.

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s one of my personal favorites too. “In the Mix” is a close second.

1 Like

Wisco REPRESENT! Milwaukee here :raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

1 Like

Home, sweet, home! I miss living there. I’m about an hour north, but I’m going down on Friday night for Dub 'n Doom at Bremen Cafe!

2 Likes

https://backstage.slipmat.io/uploads/default/original/1X/a99ad517d566975320f87d836d1e8c3d997a02c5.mp3

Underground Music, Hip-Hop/Rap/MCing, Breakcore, EDM and Metal Disc Jockey with either a much greater emphasis on linguistic inventiveness than mainstream forms or a greater emphasis on the use of extreme profanity and disturbing criminal themes. Starring: Scorpion Frequency, Electric Breathing, Brom:35, NoizeFloor, Dead Beat Project, The Rappists, DJ 2def, Mr.Stabby, Mr.Morder, Jay Omerta, King Keemo, Mr.Siso, The Harmony Society, Kinky Bitch, Dynamic, Frankz Wit A Z, Mista Mead, H3vy Stu, Vicious 5150, RcThaHazard, J-ClaWsin, Lilo Frank, EffeSei, Christyle, DisaJohnny, Scar, Onnis, Marco Tosh, Labo & Yu-Sei.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Preformatted text

2 Likes

Hey ! First of all I’m very happy to find this site here, seems to be a great place for music !
My name is Patrick, 38 Years old and from Germany. I’m a long time Trance enthusiast and Vinyl lover.
Beside this I enjoying my family life and love the outdoors !
Just created a listeners account and at the moment I sorting out how it all works here.
I really like the idea and the rules of this site and hoping to get an invitation for streaming some day. As I said I’m a Vinyl lover so it’s all about the old way for me with Turntables, Mixer and some good black gold :wink:
Never sold any of my records and that was the best choice ever for me !
So I’m looking forward what I can explore here of new streams, music and maybe friends !

Cheers !

3 Likes

Hey! Pleasure to be here! I’d like to broadcast here and there some house sets, while playing in small clubs or just for streaming out of the studio. Playing with Rekordbox and xdj bit always tiring Sth new

2 Likes

Hi George and welcome, where are you from?