DJ Looking for a Mentor

It looks like everything has a green check now??

Again, you need to log out from Backstage and log back in to make the changes permanent. But otherwise I think you’re good now :+1:

I did that.

Everything has a green check and says I should get an invite soon?

Your changes are not yet reflected here on Backstage so they’re not yet ok. Log out here from backstage and then log back in.

Problem with the invite status page – and why we desperately need more mentors to help people out – is that the system cannot read things liks this, unfortunately. Yes, it’s green but your username here on Backstage still is different than on your profile. Only after you log out from BAckstage and log back in they get back to sync.

Sorry to sound stupid here, but is there a difference between Slipmat and Backstage? If there is maybe that’s where I’m not getting things done correctly.

Backstage is the forum you’re right now. https://backstage.slipmat.io

Slipmat is the main site. https://slipmat.io

OK. I believe it’s done. I didn’t realize there was a separate logout for Backstage. Thought signing out of Slipmat accomplished the deed.

Yep, you’re good now.

Now you need to find a mentor that can guide you for actually starting to stream here. They can invite you in and talk you through the first steps :+1:

OK. That’s why I had messaged @theaardvark but I’m afraid he’s gone now. Is there anyone else that can do this? Was hoping to stream later tonight and don’t want to us FB Live if at all possible. Thanks…

I can try to help you as much as I can. First what streaming software you are using? If you don’t have any I suggest try OBS from here you can find guide to set-up stream for Slipmat.io.

Well funny you should mention that. We are all set on OBS and using Virtual DJ. We did a test set last night using FB Live and it worked great. But they keep blocking things as they do.

First though I believe I need to be invited by a mentor so I can complete my DJ Profile. Isn’t that correct?

I believe your DJ profile is ready to go now, you don’t need mentor to start your stream. Go to slipmat.io start page and in upper right corner you can see “DJ admin” link. From DJ admin page click “streaming keys” link. Copy “ingest server” address and “stream key” to your OBS. Copy also your “video URL”. You need it in next step.

After you have set-up OBS by this guide Configuring OBS for Slipmat & YouTube you can start stream from OBS and go back to DJ admin page. From upper right corner there is “New Event” button. Set-up your event (you need to paste your video URL on this page if it’s not there already) and click “schedule event”. You will be forwarded back to your DJ Admin page where you can now see you scheduled events. Click “Start”. If you can see your video on the preview page you are ready to go (If you cannot see, check your stream settings from OBS). Click “The video preview is correct. Let’s open the chat” button. Click “start” button on your event page and you are ready to start streaming.

I’m quite sure there is better guide somewhere in backstage, but could not find it at this moment. If not, maybe I have to do one…

Good luck for your first stream in Slipmat.io

1 Like

Hi,

It also happened to me. If someone is lost in the process and reads this, my recommendation:

• Log out from Backstage and Slipmat page in all your devices (I had my computer and mobile browser connected)

• Login to Slipmat and set your listener name to something different from what your DJ name will be. It can be your real name or other thing, but different from your DJ name.

• Then you can log in again to Backstage and check that your name has been synced.
    From there follow all the process mentioned to be allowed and create a DJ profile.

It’s recommend to configure OBS carefully and do some private test before going live.

Hi
I’ve approved an invite but doesn’t seem to have activated account, Vinnie is saying he can’t see DJ Admin button?

any ideas?
thanks

looks like this has resolved itself as DJVinnie is up and running, not sure what happened here would be interested to know for future use?

Your guess is as good as mine. Honestly I had given up and then boom, an email came in saying “you’re in”.

1 Like

Hey guys, just found this site today and I’m hoping to spin some tunes for everyone very soon! Just looking for some help doing so.

Djbass (Ottawa Canada)

2 Likes

Hey Bass

I’m quite new as well but a quick learner. I can tell you that you need to set up a listener profile, and then attend some events and get involved in chats. Once you earn enough Karma points then you can reach out to another DJ to have them Mentor you, or accept you on to the DJ side of things. Then you’ll complete your DJ profile, and away you go.

One thing is to make sure NONE of the listener profile uses your DJ Name. They are picky about keeping these separate.

2 Likes