I want to make this Slipmat Festival thing happen, but I also want to share some the tasks to be able to learn what kind of difficulties there are when doing everything manually (to get some insight based on actual practical knowledge for the festival planner).
The main things for virtual event organization are pretty much:
- Figuring out the roster
- Promotion (event pictures, social media postings, ready-made text/tags etc for artists to use)
- Figuring out the timetable (multiple timezones, managing changes, last-minute emergencies)
- Setting up the events
- Handling promotion and fires during the events (probably across multiple timezones)
- Aftermarketing (collecting recordings, track lists, social media posts)
I’d say this needs at least 3 persons. So, looking for following positions:
Artist Managers: @MrGoolsby & @DrBones
- A person who is the main contact for all artists, filters info from artists to the organizers and from organizers to artists
- Makes sure every artist has their promo material, event details, timetable, settings etc in order
- Figures out the timetable together with the lead organizer
- Should be able to communicate efficiently on many channels/medias
- Is responsible for all promotion materials and actual promotion
- Works with the lead organizer to make and schedule the promotions
- Should have a good communication skills and a good handle on at least Twitter and Facebook
Lead organizer: @Uninen
- The person who takes the final responsibility for getting everything together
- Builds the timetable together with the Artist Manager
- Basically eventually handles all possible shit, everything constantly on fire
I don’t really want to but I think i should take the lead organizing role again just to learn what are the pain points and what kind of tools would help. So, if we are going to do this, I need at least two persons to volunteer to help me. Will not even think about doing this by myself so if there are no volunteers, there will be no festival either.
If you are interested helping out, please leave your public application below! (Btw. we can obviously split any tasks like we see fit and organize in a way that makes sense. Stuff above is just a rough idea.) Also, if you would like to help in some other way, or you think something important is missing, feel free to comment as well!