'Collective' Approach account usage

Hello,

I have a scenario that I’m sure you will have for other people on the site… I have a DJ page associated with the account however we are now building up a collective of DJ’s under the ‘Bunker Beats’ brand.

It would be nice to have an Organisation page such that we can associate DJ profiles under (as we are streaming under the bunker beats profile. Therefore in the event creation page we could tick box the DJ’s that are associate with the actual event selectively.

This way DJs could have a non streaming account (with upsell opportunity to Slipmat.io as we gather more people together, they would also be able to create a fanbase on the site whilst not on a subscription.

This could be orchestrated by:

• Main account (I.e. DJ that pays subscription) can create a collective under DJ Admin
  • Collectives profiles appear in the same pages as DJ profiles
  • having ‘invite DJ to Collective’ which when accepted lists them on the collectives page

This would certainly help both my situation in trying to build a following under a banner and greater exposure to new DJs for slipmat.io

2 Likes

The idea of having some kind of groups or collective artists has been on the table for a while: Question for the community: wanted features for DJ groups / combined artists?

Another reason this is relevant right now is the idea of Shows in addition to events. So we’d like to have a list of (more or less) regular shows that are either numbered ( 90s Night #293 ) or managed some other organized way ( Tuulipukukoodi S04E04 ), and to have a dedicated page with timetables and proper promotion landing pages for each show. This would also allow easier event creation that would autogenerate the next event for you based on the show template image and metadata, auto-increment the next show number etc.

So yes, this is very much under consideration right now. We just need to figure out the most common use scenarios and how to best implement the initial step :+1:

All ideas and feature requests regarding this is very much welcome! It helps when designing the features.

1 Like

I definitely think keeping ‘shows’ as a recurring event as suggested is great…

Certainly for the pro streamer:

• invite DJ account to event
  • invite unlisted dj to event (I.e. create profile trial profile and automatic mentor assigned)
  • administration for Now Playing as a manual change in the event admin on the live stream
  • persistent stream url reserved for ‘show’ (I.e. cannot be resused by anyone else)
  • administrative share on other platform buttons (linked to the show)
  • Listener share on other platforms buttons
  • fanbase option to follow both show and dj both on ‘show’ page and in live stream page
  • email and/or calendar ics notifications prior to event to fans

Slipmat landing page also have links to event calendar page:

• shows all for each day
  • ability to filter for specific tag(s)
  • quick buttons to remind / notify / follow
1 Like

Superb suggestions!

Many of the above are already on our backlog as future development ideas but some are closer than others;

This is an interesting idea that I haven’t thought of before.

This is something in the works right now. The first iteration uses the playlist functionality where you could upload your event playlist beforehand and then just click each track on the list to mark which tune is currently playing.

Adding a manual way (and the possibility to implemennt any third-party API) to do it would be pretty easy to do as well.

Yes, this is definitely the idea for the upcoming shows-feature. We already have permanent URLs for DJs and we have an undocumented feature where /dj-slug/live/ always redirects to your current live event (or back to your profile if you don’t have any live events) which helps in marketing and to make permanent URLs to live shows.

By “administrative” you probably mean adding the buttons for DJs as well? That’s a good idea. We already have these on the old live page and they will be ported to the new one as well. Adding them to the DJ admin makes sense also :+1:

This is under construction as we speak. We already have email notifications (go to schedule event page, click “Subscribe for notifications”) and the intention is to allow a setting for automatic notification with email and native push notifications. Also, the shows will have RSS feeds that can be used with podcast readers and all DJs will have calendar links as well.

A new homepage is also under construction at the moment. We need few tweaks to the backend code to get better data for returning listeners but we’re getting there and the first iterations should hopefully be up within a couple of weeks :+1:

1 Like

For the following item:

komposing:

administration for Now Playing as a manual change in the event admin on the live stream

This is something in the works right now. The first iteration uses the playlist functionality where you could upload your event playlist beforehand and then just click each track on the list to mark which tune is currently playing.

Adding a manual way (and the possibility to implemennt any third-party API) to do it would be pretty easy to do as well

I was more thinking of the DJ admin I.e. DJ now playing such that it highlights their profile indicating to the lister that when they ‘fan’ they follow the right DJ

1 Like

(Also I’ve never prepped a play list in my life ;o)