Wontfix: Current layout doesn't support ultra-widescreen well

Dear Slipmatios,

I’m using a 2560*1080 resolution and on Slipmat.io this results in the Youtube embed being far too large.
I have to scroll down to see the bottom of the Youtube embed, this also means I can’t view all the information that’s beneath it untill I scroll down to it.
So in no case can I see all the information without scrolling which is inconvenient.
This is not so much a bug as it’s more a ‘flaw’ in the current responsive layout.

Regards,
Tijn

Hey Tijn,

Can you do your resolution 2560 x 1440 instead of 2560 x 1080 as the resolution of 2560 x 1440 is one of resolution recommending in the setting

live encoder settings

Not to sure if this will help, if you were to do 1980 x 1080 does it resolve this issue?

@TD1 I’m talking about my actual monitor, not the stream output :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Using 21:9 aspect ratio with full-width browser is at this point not at all relevant issue to fix. It should be added to known issues, tho.

Examples of fixed layouts (just copy the live page HTML, modify it and paste it for example as a github gist) are of course very welcome and possible solutions will get implemented.

I’ll add that known and easy workaround is to make your browser window narrower.

I’ve tried some things, but realized I’m not good enough with CSS to get a nice and clean solution.
For those who do know it, as Ville suggested, please post your solution to https://gist.github.com/ and reply here with a link to the gist :slight_smile:

EDIT: updated the known issues

ahhh sorry my mistake Tijn