Windiows 11 is doing my tits in

I just want to get the audio through a minijack into OBS - does anybody know the audio setting that would be required for something so seemingly simple?

Sorry to hear that you’re on Windows, mate :sweat_smile:

Haven’t used a Win machine since 2003 but setting up OBS should be pretty simple; you only need to figure out the correct audio input devices from the settings (Settings → Audio → Global Audio Devices).

Not sure how the inputs or permissions are set in Windows but based on a really quick googling, you might have to give some kind of a permission to OBS to use the microphone/line input:

If you can’t get it working, I recommend getting a super cheap USB “soundcard” that is only a cable with a line in jack, you can get those with like a tenner from almost any store. (Obviously any proper soundcard also works, and the sound quality is much better due to proper AD/DA converters.)

1 Like

Thanks man, appreciate this! I’m sure its just some wee setting somewhere, it’s a new pc so i a bit baffled by it. I have found the sound settings now at least lol :smiley:

2 Likes

Hey i think i’ve sorted it!

Great to hear! :+1: