Fixed: Issue with Stream Now event creation

Stream Key will not generate. “green circle” is just hung up.

Thanks for the bug report! …and sorry for the bad first experience :frowning: I didn’t see any automated bug reports from the backend nor from the frontend code but I was able to reproduce the issue myself. I created Issue #461 to our bug tracker as a showstopper bug – we’ll try to fix it asap.

I assume this is somehow related to big server update we did last week, so it probably isn’t very complicated to fix.

In the meantime, if you have your own YouTube channel that has live and embedding features enabled, you can use that for normal events – they are working nominally. (Also the new native alpha streaming server is available, but that is again a bit more work at this stage. Still, testers are very welcome, just PM me if you want to try! See also release notes and separate instructions for the new streaming server.)

Hi @lusidalchemist - just a quick ping that I’ve found and fixed the problem; stream now events should work again. If you could verify this, that would be great! :slight_smile:

Hi @uninen,
Now I am receiving the below message. I will give it a few hours, then try again…

Stream Quota Full. There’s less than 6 hours since your previous Stream Now event. This feature uses automated YouTube APIs and to prevent misuse and spamming, you can only create 1 set of streaming keys per 6 hours. For your own channel you can create as many events as you like.

Damnit. That is most likely also a bug. I’ll take a look. Thanks for the report!

@lusidalchemist, if you want to try again, go a head, I just obliterated the site cache (that may have corrupted because of the earlier bug). If it still doesn’t work, we have an actual bug.

@uninen I just did a quick test and it appears to be fine now, the stream key generated and brought the preview up from OBS (all green) I think you can consider this issue closed now. I haven’t got time to play a set right now, but now that its configured correctly I will get a proper stream up later today… Thanks for your help!!

1 Like

Cool! Great to have you with us! :slight_smile: :+1:

One issue I found - if you use a stream url that has previously been used before the stream doesn’t start (i.e. I keep the same publish URL on Chew.tv for easy setup etc.)