Start event button stays spinning

After a long time I finally got the time to stream again.
I made a new event, filled in the details and saw the preview screen of the screen. Everything was working great, so I hit the green “Start the event” button…
Nothing happened and it stayed spinning… waiting… waiting… refreshing page… again the “Start the Event button” … spinning… waiting… waiting…
Then I just went back to the home page, and I saw I was live streaming.

I use Windows 10 and the latest Firefox version.
Does anyone had this problem too?

1 Like

There has been reports of slow-responding servers today - although our hosting provider nor the server records are not showing any issues. I assume you experienced just some random one-time lag between the API and your browser.

If the problem persists, you should definitely report it (again), tho!

Firefox is the best browser to use Slipmat with and refreshing the page usually resolves any issues. In case things like this happenss often, there’s definitely a problem that you should report :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the reply, I’ll keep it in mind next time.
If it occurs more often I’ll let you know!

By the way… I also had quite the same issue with ending the stream.
By pushing the button “end stream” the popup screen says something like “are you sure to stop the stream?”
Pushing the red button END STREAM NOW did nothing.
Pushed it many times, and waited… but nothing.
Going to the home page showed me that the stream actually stopped…

I guess the same slow-responding here also…

Can’t start a stream can’t finish a stream properly- this is happening last 2 weeks, what’s the point of setting for the show afterwards if it doesn’t work?

There’s no error reports or issues with the servers in the logs so it’s probably your browser. In case of any weird behavior like this, try logging in with another browser or in incognito / private mode, that forces you to re-login and usually fixes the issue.

If it doesn’t please report the exact time and URL where the issue happened, and what browser and or version you used so we can better debug the issue. (But again, as there are several other events started and ended with no issues, the problem is most likely in your browser.)

(The latest versions of Brave or Firefox browsers should work best, plain Chrome has known issues with the session system as it forcefully keeps our data and sessions.)

Apologies for responding late to this - I actually had this same problem and completely forgot to report it. It happened Friday 9 April 2021, at 6:45pm Central US time, when I tried to start my show, in totally-up-to-date Firefox, and at 8:10pm Central US time, when I tried to end my show. Same thing happened the week before and the week before that. Apologies for failing to report this problem.

If I attempt to start the show or end the show in a regular Firefox browser window, the process hangs infinitely without resolving; neither a refresh nor a cache clear appears to help. If I then close the browser, reopen it and re-access the show page, I can see that the show status has changed.

I can also accomplish this in a private Firefox tab. I can revise my starting and closing process to include launching and ending from a private tab or adding these extra steps, but these will be frustrating to users who aren’t used to trying these remedies on the fly.

Just adding: This was an issue again tonight - exact same issues with starting and ending.

This appears to have been resolved! Thank you! :slight_smile: