Problem logging in with Google Chrome with Facebook

facebook
login

(Petri) #1

URL Blocked: This redirect failed because the redirect URI is not whitelisted in the app’s Client OAuth Settings. Make sure Client and Web OAuth Login are on and add all your app domains as Valid OAuth Redirect URIs.

Chrome version 64.0.3282.167. Firefox works normally.


(Ville) #2

This is related to recent update in Facebook login security model. It seems that some browsers / connections cache these queries and therefore fail with the new settings. There’s unfortunately nothing that can be done from our end as the login process clearly works (there are several successful FB-logins each day).

Try to clear the browser cache if it helps. Meanwhile, it’s a very good idea to add password to your profile as well so you can login with it and don’t need to rely on any third party :slight_smile:


(Antti) #3

Had same problems with Chrome and Safari when using my Macbook Pro.

Here is some screenshots taken from Chrome. Same happen with Safari. Both browsers cache have been cleared.

Facebook login:

Oldskool login:


(Mikko) #4

I found a way that works at least in my windows computer (when I had a few login problems)

  1. First, clear the browser cache
  2. Go first to the page https://backstage.slipmat.io/ and sign it up…
    It goes to slipmat main login page, but you see longer address in the address bar and you can now normally log in. You are now log in backstage. Then select mainstage and it will take you to the slipmat main page (without login again)

(Roni) #5

I was able to bypass CSRF Verification failure by first clicking “report a bug” from the main site and then logging in from the backstage. Tried also cleaning cache and cookies, didn’t work.

Edit. I only use oldschool login, so nothing to do with facebook or google. I got same CSRF Verification failure entering any login or password.


(Mikko) #6

Now I can log in through the main page. I had to do through a tricky bend :sweat_smile:

I completely deleted so far my chrome browser. Now I use another browser that I can log in normally.
The problem is related to browser cookies, etc.
Now my settings are “do not block cookies” and “let the sites save media usage rights…”