Introduce yourself

looks like the community is growing right now which is a great chance in these troubled times…
cause I also understand that it’s quite complicated to develop and grow an independent streaming platform nowadays - with total domination of youtube, twitch and other huge corporations. best of luck for all of us

5 Likes

Hello,

I am Niels from the Belgian dj-duo Caz-Pire 28.

We have a residence in a local pub, and also host our own Events called ‘VLAM!’ which means ‘FLAME!’ in English.

Recently our set got played on the Brussels radio station Bruzz.

I also gave dj lessons to Belgian children in the pasts.
Besides that, I have a side project with a well known Belgian beatboxer (Footboxg) in which we combine his beatbox skills and my dj skills to play live B2B sets (tech house, minimal, techno, …).

I hope to learn a lot from you all :grinning:

Kind regards,
Niels

4 Likes

Welcome, hope to hear some of that Beat Boxing, reminds me of the good old days back when Doug E Fresh help make it into the commercial scene during the early 80s

2 Likes

Sounds cool. Welcome @nbraeckm . This is getting more and more interesting. High level here. Regards

3 Likes

What’s going on DJ family. My name is DJ E N T not for entertainment but my name is Anthony but spelled ENThoni. See what I did there? :rofl:. I mainly spin old school, r&b, rap, & rinkstrumentals (exclusive skating rink instrumentals). I was born & raised in Detroit, Mi. I’m 23. Mainly a mixologist and blend but I will scratch if felt needed.

3 Likes

Hello all… My name is Joe and I’m in Houston, Texas… My DJ name is Joe Anthony… I mainly spin House, Tech House and Techno. I’ve been DJing since 1984. I’m looking forward to sharing my music with the world.

3 Likes

Hello! Came here looking for a place to play some sets for my quarantined friends! Been working on the craft for about 8 years. Currently getting more confident and comfortable with playing for live crowds at parties and small festivals. Got to play on a huge system at Burning Man last year… What else… Originally from South America so I like to make people dance. Really like mixing cumbia, smooth deep house, afro-beat, breaks, progressive house, tech, and a little techno here and there. Look forward to seeing this community grow and being able to invite friends to hear me play.

Sebastian

4 Likes

My name is Daniel and I’ve been working in the DJ entertainment / wedding industry for over a decade. I love to DJ and the energy I’m able to bring to an event through music really brings me great joy. Since as early as I can remember… I’ve always loved music. From being introduced as a kid to every genre possible by my aunts, to learning what makes 500 people dance at a local dance club, all the way to remembering what songs worked and didn’t work from over 500 weddings… I’ve loved it all. It’s a true honor when we’re considered for your special day, for we truly love what we do and seeing the smiles on everybody’s faces after an amazing event is simply icing on the cake. ~DJ Danimal~

Check out my Facebook for more info

6 Likes

Hi everybody👋!

My name is Nino and I’m from Kajaani, Finland. Just joined Slipmat.io to be a part of this wonderful DJ-community.

I’ve been playing records since 2005 mostly here in Kajaani in all nightclubs what we have here (Onnela Kajaani, Club 96 and Sound Factory Bar & Nightclub) and also the clubs which doesn’t exist anymore (Bepop, Night Valjus, Backstage Bar, Club Sofa etc.) There was also 2 gigs in Helsinki few years ago and hundreds and hundreds of gigs here in Kainuu :loudspeaker:

I’m a founder of Konehuone- and Kellari-club consepts which were held in Club 96 between years 2010-2018. There was 14 events during these years and I’m proud to have been DJing along the biggest DJ names in Finland (DJ Orion, Rony Rex, Milla Lehto, Proteus, Genki just a name of few.)

Nowadays I’m resident DJ and event promoter in a new club called Sound Factory Bar & Nightclub. The club is build in an old waterworks-station so there’s such strong warehouse vibe in it :love_you_gesture::fire::boom:. The club also have the biggest and loudest soundsystem in northern Finland powered by Cerwin Vega.

I prefer to play all kind of electronic music and I love to change my style quite often. In this moment i’m interested to play hard, driving techno and groovy tech house but I also love to play progressive/melodic trance and drum & bass.

You can find me and my DJ sets from these social media platforms and I hope you to follow me - I’ll follow back :ok_hand::wink:

Facebook: Nino Kihlström, NiN0
Instagram: www.instagram.com/nin0thedj
Mixcloud: www.mixcloud.com/DJNiN0
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/deejaynin0

7 Likes

Welcome @Kihlstroem!! Welcome everyone!! A lot of activity here!

3 Likes

Hello everyone. I’m Nicola aka Paul Starghe from northern Italy. DJ name in my dialect means basically “I’m okay with it”. Started DJing back in the 90s. Love hip-hop and house music. Recently shifted to Brazilian Bass. Can’t wait to play some of it here! Peace.

7 Likes

Welcome. Are you still in Italy? Sending big love!! Brazilian Bass is amazing!!

2 Likes

Hiya! Love the genre’s you play!!

2 Likes

Hey Guys,

My name is RaJon aka DJ Majesty (the USA one). I’ve been into music from a very young age. I started playing piano in a music conservatory in Birmingham, and haven’t stopped loving music since. My fave genres are electronica/ and alll the “chill” house genres, with a splash of deep house. I’m a resident at two clubs here in Iwakuni, Japan the Kabar and the OClub. I look forward to having some fun here on Slipmat!

you can find me here…

https://www.instagram.com/djmajesty619

5 Likes

Hey there!! DJ Disco Vinnie in the House of Funk!

DJ Disco Vinnie is more than just Seattle’s favorite DJ! Sporting a wild and varied background as a radio personality, actor, dancer and professional DJ/Music Producer, Disco Vinnie has a mind for business and a heart for entertainment. DJ Disco Vinnie is your go-to guy for all things audio, visual and astounding. Vince Harris the man behind the disco ball brings you a small but capable staff with years of entertainment experience. From events with thousands in attendance to a birthday party or wedding, DJ Disco Vinnie is your best choice! Disco Vinnie can currently be found performing at Seattle nightclubs and at Seattle’s “Cuff” most Sunday afternoons for his video tea dance! DJ Disco Vinnie specializes in dance music through the decades but he’s so much more!

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

Great community! My name is Bino and I’m from Vancouver, BC. Locally, I’ve been spinning as Miami Sound System since 2017, trying to bring Miami vibes to this boring town. I’m a party music ambassador bringing 30 years of bass culture, South Beach vibes, Miami rock, and salsa y merengue. :smiley: There’s not much of a club culture here, but there’s always a party in need of good vibes. Be good, everyone!

4 Likes

Welcome everyone! Glad to see such diversity in both city / nation of origin but also music genre!
It implies broad mixing styles and ideas.

Breeding ground for ideas and inspiration as a producer mwahaha…

6 Likes

Hi everyone,

My name is Dónal and I’m from London, although I have also recently spent a lot of time based in Brazil.

I have been DJing as Mango Park since 2011, playing a wide variety of genres, but mostly focussed on African and Latin club sounds. For an idea of my sound, you can check out my soundcloud.

I have played and run club nights, festivals and carnival sets across the UK and Europe, as well as in Brazil and USA.

My current projects include running a party called Baile LDN, blending Brazilian baile funk, South African gqom and afro-house, Angolan kuduro and UK funky.

I am also resident at another party called Come We Grow, where I spin some more mainstream-recognised genres from Afrobeat, Highlife and Cumbia to Afrobeats, Reggaeton, Dancehall and Soca.

I have also done a number of radio shows over the years, some of which can be found on my mixcloud.

Looking forward to getting involved in the community here on Slipmat!

5 Likes

30 year DJ. Full time DJ but corporate background in Electrical Engineering & Sales as well as Finance across many different industries.

Open format primarily. Nightlife, clubs/residencies, corporate events, weddings and everything in between. Currently ranked the #1 mobile DJ service in San Francisco, CA for the last 7 years. Blessed to be doing what I love doing and being around good people through this journey.

Given the world’s current situation, I’m still getting booked for the rest of the year and into next year. So don’t give up hope everyone! People will rely on music now more than ever to help them get through these trying times as they need to break away from the dystopia for the time being and are especially itching to have / go to a great party/event once things turn around.

I count my blessings every day. Have actually never streamed any of my sets but was told by others in the community that I should so I can help bring some of my vibe, style, and cheer to those who could use it.

Godspeed.

4 Likes

Hi Everyone,

My name is John and I’m part of Arc Sound Stage and Lighting. We are an event production company based out of New York City with a heavy focus on nightclubs, festivals and stage shows. This pandemic had us close up shop but rather than shut our doors we decided to do what most have and keep the party going through live streaming. We have been streaming DJs through our social media pages with a fair level of success. I stumbled across this page while trying to research ways to optimize our live stream experience. This seems like an amazing community full of people who are all here because of their passion for music. I look forward to being a part of this community. Cannot wait to hear and put on some amazing mixes. Hope all of you guys and your loved ones are safe and healthy during this pandemic.

7 Likes