Introduce yourself

HI everyone, I’m Tono, from Spain. I was just checking some places to try live streamings. I think I’m stay here, seems to have a good community and all kind of music lovers, so a good site to learn and share. I’ve been djing since earlies 2000s. But still a hobby and not my real job. Kinda awesome to hear the others and try something new these days. Take care!

4 Likes

Hi. I’m Omar, a DJ from the UK!

Play a range of genres from House to Urban.

Used to DJing twice a week and so like many of you are now at home. Found this community whilst searching for secret to live-streaming!

Interested to see what this platform can do!

:raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

5 Likes

Welcome Omar, you are among a great community

1 Like

Thanks Mike! :grinning:

2 Likes

Hello everyone My name is George i go as DJ Risky George, I am originally from Venezuela, I love to Dj I have been doing it for over 10 years, and I would like to gain more skills thru your knowledge and mentor-ship Thanks

6 Likes

Hi @Tono , Hola Tono,

From Spain also :wink: Regards to everyone.

If any of you looking for a mentor, please follow this DJ Looking for a Mentor and let me/us know.

3 Likes

Hello Everyone

DJ
Dad
TKD martial artist
IT Engineer
Love Music, play anything from the 70’s on up. Spent alot of time in clubs in NJ/NYC back in the 90’s during the Latin freestyle ( we called it Club music) and Chicago house days.
Looking forward to listening to some good sessions.

Pete

5 Likes

Hey Everyone,

I’m Ian aka IanT. I’ve always been really into music and I DJ as a hobby, usually mine or friends house parties.

I’ve been looking for an online platform to share my hobby with my friends and the world. I first tried on facebook but that was overly annoying to set up. So well done all, Slipmat looks good to me so far and I’m looking forward to listening to a few streams! :smiley:

So a little background. I started DJing in 2002 spinning vinyl and learnt from Technics DJ Mix Club in South Africa, I now live in the UK. I dig Slipmat’s slogan ‘For The Love Of Music’. The Mix Club had the same slogan which brought me back to good times, good people and sharing music. I only DJed for about 2 years then stopped until 2018. Wow things have changed. My brother and friends chipped in together to get me a Pioneer DDJ-SR for my birthday. Using a controller is so much quicker to set up and since I trained to listen by ear for beat matching, seeing the waveform on screen gave me quite an edge. Live drops are not so tough anymore haha :smiley: And yes, I disabled the sync button the day I got my controller :+1:

Music wise I started looking for what I used to buy on vinyl, Hard Progressive Trance style but Hard Style mostly came up. I heard some similarities but it didn’t quite grab me. Then I found an Electro House song, it was soooo freaking funky, great baseline and interesting breaks. I was hooked, I now buy the latest music in Electro and Future House music every few weeks. Loving it! Besides dance music I also DJ metal and sometimes industrial.

Have a great day everyone, and weekend :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi,

I’m DJ Freshfluke from Berlin. I havent managed to get a DJ invitation and am struggling with the instructions for literally an hour now. I give up for now and hope it magically fixes. ^^

Aside from being a Hiphop DJ I’m doing a lot of workshops. DJ workshops, obviously, but also a lot of political stuff against different forms of discrimination etc.

After being a DJ for around 20 years, we’ll see If i can become a DJ on this website as well ^^

Greetings from Berlin,
Fluky

5 Likes

Hej there, this is Soulski from Berlin aka SoulskiBerlin (smart, hu?),

I’ve been intived here by my friend @marchype and just checking out everything. I’m a DJ for more than 15 years now, started playing in the early 00’s inspired by Düsseldorf’s europewide famous UNIQUEclub. Then moved to Berlin 10 years ago, did the WEDDING SOUL show with friends from Beat Kollektiv, then started my own thing called Stranger Funk which took place regularly at Klunkerkranich, DasHotel, Monarch and other places. And now in my living room :smiley:

Well, i play everything that’s considered to be soulful music by myself, Funk, Soul, Breakbeat, Disco, Afro, Latin, World, Organic, Jazzy, Polish Funk and everything that fits. I play vinyl only.

Check out my profiles, the living room sessions (Wohnzimmer Sessions) you’ll find in my IGTV channel. You can also listen to couple of mixes on soundcloud. Enjoy and I hope to be able to stream here soon, seems to be a better place than FBlive <3

http://instagram.com/soulskiberlin
http://soundcloud.com/soulskiberlin
http://facebook.com/soulskiberlin

Peace out, Soulski aka Miko

4 Likes

What’s up Slipmat FAM

My name is Scott AKA Kompiler from Louisville, Kentucky USA and I spin Drum & Bass now for over 20 years. I have mainly been a bedroom DJ for this time but looking to break out and get more exposure and bring DNB to the masses. Hope to tune into your streams and chat soon and If I can get setup to stream on this platform I hope to spin some DNB for you.

PS: here is a link to my Mixcloud profile https://www.mixcloud.com/Kompiler/

4 Likes

Heya,

I’m here because of @marchype as well :slight_smile:
Greetings from 44! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Fluky

2 Likes

Thank you for allow me to be part of this project; My name is George also DJ Risky George, I have been playing for over 10 year loves all kind of music and I ready to learn more skill with all of you Knowledge
thanks

3 Likes

Bear With Us - Helsinki group joins to slipmat.io community! Slipmat.io side of our group is mostly handled by: Jussi P, Petri and oxy (everyone here knows the last one at least)

6 Likes

I’m DJ Jose. Just signed on today. Been spinning for quite a while now and I look forward to streaming some sets for you guys during this time of crisis. Please take a look at my sites…

2 Likes

Hey there. I DJ under the pseudonym ‘Knotice.’ I’m in San Diego, California. Been djing for about 25 years. Currently, I play as one of the resident DJs for Organized Grime and Fuego (local weekly and monthly). My normal gig is Drum and Bass or Jungle, but I play different things in the streaming realm depending on my mood. Looking forward to trying out Slipmat!

5 Likes

WELCOME!!! When I make it back to daygo, i’ll be sure to hit you up!

3 Likes

Hi yall,
So glad to see a streaming platform that mezns bussiness :grin:
I am a 43 year dj from belgium , used to spin in clubs and bars , but switched to mobile dj’ing ten year or so, never regretted it a bit .
I playbopen format mainly but my heaet lies with deep/tech house , so this is what i will be spinning here once i get invited😜 hope you like it
Grtz dj fons
Insta dj.fons

Hi everyone one. i’m Mr Fresh Oficial from FRESH FM LONDON.
we was on Chew Before here and moved here a while ago.
I’ve been a Dj for over 18 years now (Openformat) i am also a photographer and a Sia Security Guard.
some of you may know my friend SLY-T from FREH FM LONDON’s Show The Big Drive on fridays. i will be doing 4 weekly show on slipmat
Mondays - 2pm - 4pm - ukg - House - Dnb - Deep House - Funky House
Thursdays - 6pm - 8pm - Old Skool Rnb - Chart Bangers - Old Skool Vibez
Fridays - 2pm - 4pm - Afrobeats - Dancehall - Club Classics - Party Anthems
Sundays - 2pm-4pm - Chart Toppers - Rnb - Popular Tracks - Requests Welcome

i really hope some of you can pass by and say hi and enjoy a chat while listening to great music

1 Like

Hello all!
I´m on board now as well and i cant wait to play some shows on here and to get in contact with other music lovers, doesnt matter if listerner or artist!

Very short info about me: Started DJing 1993 and live-streaming for a large audience at the early 2000s on http://www.di.fm and i`m mostly playing “vinyl-only”.

The long version: https://slipmat.io/ciacomixofficial/

Really happy to be here and i already saw some known faces :slight_smile:

Mixcloud: https://mixcloud.com/ciacomix303
Facebook: https://www,facebook.com/ciacomix

1 Like