Important last-minute info about the Slipmat Festival events

Hello festival DJs!

The events for the upcoming Slipmat Festival are finally up. Apologies for the very late timing, but we did our best to make sure everything works properly when the festival starts.

1. The events that have been created for you are special events boot look like ordinary events in your DJ admin. This is very important: do not edit this automatically created event or your festival slot will break. We didn’t have the time to put in proper software guards so please don’t break anything.
  2. If you have already created an event for yourself for the event time, delete it. (Go to edit, then delete.)
  3. We didn’t underline before that the festival events need to use Frankie encoders. So please, one more time, make sure you have your Frankie settings set up and working. If you try to use anything other than Frankie, your festival event will fail. If you need keys or have any problems, contact your artist manager ASAP.
  4. Double-check your event time slot. Because the excell schedule had lots of manual edits and 20+ people editing the same document, it definitely contains errors. The UTC Start Time is the only truth we care about and the festival events have been created from this time. Again, contact your artist manager if you need any help with the schedule.
  5. All DJs are themselves responsible for keeping in the allotted time slot. Your event has redirection already set but you should verify it before ending. Then, about one minute before the next slot, end your event. The listeners are then redirected to the following set and you can join them for having fun together :slight_smile:
  6. If you need to use crowd controls to for example silence too eager (or drunk) listeners. Use chat commands on the old live page chat. /mute nick, /unmute nick to mute and unmute people. (It’s easiest to use tab-completion here, so /mute ni -> TAB (TAB, TAB… as many times you need to), and when the correct nick is there, hit enter.)
  7. Please go and read the DJ Checklist / artist info.

Finally, don’t forget to have fun! It has been stressful time and especially the organizing has been a bit of a roller coaster but we’re all here because we love music and want to share it wit the world, so let’s do just that! :slight_smile: And remember to invite all your friends to the party as well! Hashtag: #slipmatio

See you soon! o/

PS. If you haven’t seen it already: Welcome to Slipmat Virtual Festival!

Edit: added mention about the time slots and handoff.

4 Likes

i thought i was dj at 8pm ct now it 9pm ct

Thanks man - i’d actually created a show already, so i tried to delete it just now. However, it still seems to be listed on my admin page? I try to edit and delete it again, but it just stalls. Maybe it’ll disappear later?

It will. Or if not, I’ll fix it :slight_smile: It’s a cache issue probably.

1 Like

Thanks dude :slight_smile:

@REXOLOGY… read above please

Ping @haavi, @rude, @d2kdjs in case you didn’t notice, there was an error in your events, they didn’t match the original schedule. Your events have been fixed now (they got pushed one hour ahead) so the full schedule is now correct. Sorry about the confusion!

Roger :slight_smile:

yes i wonder sometimes is 12 next time 13 loc time again 12 now hope it´s correct event notice…

Looks great!!! Thank you coordinators!!!

1 Like

One thing about the handoffs and festival schedule:

All DJs are themselves responsible for keeping in the allotted time slot. Your event has redirection already set but you should verify it before ending. Then, about one minute before the next slot, end your event. The listeners are then redirected to the following set and you can join them for having fun together :slight_smile:

Please keep inside your time slot and make sure your event starts and ends in time. As always, is you have any problems, contact your artist manager.

3 Likes

Some lessons learned from the first day to help DJs for the second day:

• your event redirections are already set, just make sure its there and if do nothing to it. Just end your event in time (preferably minute early or on the hour, not minute past) and you’re good :slight_smile:
  • please contact your artist manager or any person from the organizing team 30 mins before your set to let us know you’re ready.
  • don’t test your gear in front of the festival audience. If you are unsure about your tech stuff, play a hidden/private test event to make sure everything works in your end.
  • sometimes situations change and we need to adapt. Listen to the organizers and follow given instructions. If you don’t, it’s one sure way to not get another invitation for Slipmat community events.

The first day was - in the words of Borat - HUGE SUCCESSNESS! Thank You everyone for making it happen, and now let’s make the second day at least as good! :slight_smile:

3 Likes