Hello festival DJs!
The events for the upcoming Slipmat Festival are finally up. Apologies for the very late timing, but we did our best to make sure everything works properly when the festival starts.
- The events that have been created for you are special events boot look like ordinary events in your DJ admin. This is very important: do not edit this automatically created event or your festival slot will break. We didn’t have the time to put in proper software guards so please don’t break anything.
- If you have already created an event for yourself for the event time, delete it. (Go to edit, then delete.)
- We didn’t underline before that the festival events need to use Frankie encoders. So please, one more time, make sure you have your Frankie settings set up and working. If you try to use anything other than Frankie, your festival event will fail. If you need keys or have any problems, contact your artist manager ASAP.
- Double-check your event time slot. Because the excell schedule had lots of manual edits and 20+ people editing the same document, it definitely contains errors. The UTC Start Time is the only truth we care about and the festival events have been created from this time. Again, contact your artist manager if you need any help with the schedule.
- All DJs are themselves responsible for keeping in the allotted time slot. Your event has redirection already set but you should verify it before ending. Then, about one minute before the next slot, end your event. The listeners are then redirected to the following set and you can join them for having fun together
- If you need to use crowd controls to for example silence too eager (or drunk) listeners. Use chat commands on the old live page chat. /mute nick, /unmute nick to mute and unmute people. (It’s easiest to use tab-completion here, so /mute ni -> TAB (TAB, TAB… as many times you need to), and when the correct nick is there, hit enter.)
- Please go and read the DJ Checklist / artist info.
Finally, don’t forget to have fun! It has been stressful time and especially the organizing has been a bit of a roller coaster but we’re all here because we love music and want to share it wit the world, so let’s do just that! And remember to invite all your friends to the party as well! Hashtag: #slipmatio
See you soon! o/
PS. If you haven’t seen it already: Welcome to Slipmat Virtual Festival!
Edit: added mention about the time slots and handoff.