How to show current/next track in video feed

Hi guys. I had a cool idea the other day, well at least I think it’s cool…

Tightly crop the window screenshot of serato/etc to just show the name of the current track. Do this again for the next track, then add a filter to make the background transparent, and voila! I’ve got track titles on my video feed.

HTH

1 Like

There are OBS plugins that pulls titles directly from certain sources. For example, this one for Spotify. But the above method should work for almost anything.

Thanks for the tips! I’m pretty noob with live streaming. :v:

Honestly cannot fathom why someone would want to live stream spotify. Must be for gamers.

I met one once that started “djing” in a club with spotify back in the days and claimed that that was the future. :rofl:

lite testing

1 Like

noice!

noice!

noice!

I do the same thing with VirtualDJ and it’s video output.
Built a video skin with current playing track info, and I told VDJ to “consider” a track “current” vs the other one still playing based on how long it’s been on - NOT crossfader position (don’t use it) or fader position (not always an indicator).

I adjust this depending on my planned set cadence, but usually 10-20sec for most genre’s is appropriate for your “now playing” to update to the next track right around the peak of transition or when the drop falls.

Automating that key element is both difficult and what makes a pro level stream feel pro.

1 Like

Yep, same here, and add that as an overlay in OBS, I have the settings on mine for around ten minutes so it’s on permanently on display in the corner of the screen and changes when I start playing the next track

1 Like