Confirmed: Playlist Converter fails when not logged in

Tried to convert a NML file and got the error message below. Also repro’ed with another NML that I know has worked before.

PlaylistConverter

Playlists exported from DJ software like Rekordbox, Serato or Traktor look crappy when added to your blog or Facebook. You can use PlaylistConverter to publish beautifully formatted set lists.

Error: 403 Forbidden html * { padding:0; margin:0; } body * { padding:10px 20px; } body * * { padding:0; } body { font:small sans-serif; background:#eee; } body>div { border-bottom:1px solid #ddd; } h1 { font-weight:normal; margin-bottom:.4em; } h1 span { font-size:60%; color:#666; font-weight:normal; } #info { background:#f6f6f6; } #info ul { margin: 0.5em 4em; } #info p, #summary p { padding-top:10px; } #summary { background: #ffc; } #explanation { background:#eee; border-bottom: 0px none; }

Forbidden (403)

CSRF verification failed. Request aborted.

You are seeing this message because this site requires a CSRF cookie when submitting forms. This cookie is required for security reasons, to ensure that your browser is not being hijacked by third parties.

If you have configured your browser to disable cookies, please re-enable them, at least for this site, or for ‘same-origin’ requests.

More information is available with DEBUG=True.

Thanks for the bug report!

It seems that this happens only when you are not logged in or using private mode (ie. not cookies) which prohibits sending cookies which are used for securing the form. Not sure why this happens as the tool is specifically designed to work anonymously without the need to log in. I created ticket #486 for this, will try to fix this later today.

(As a workaround, as you have now logged in, if you refresh the page and try again, your conversions should work!)

This should be now fixed! (I’d appreciate if you could verify this as well, @travisBREAKS)

There was an issue with the backend not always sending a necessary security cookie. I added a small fix that forces sending this always so the page should now work witn anonymous (not logged in) users as well as anyone using the site in private mode.