Can't conect to live stream

Cannot connect to the RTMP/Flash-server at the given IP adress. Verify the server is reachable at the given adress. (-4018)

Wirecast

1 Like

can you post the link you used?

1 Like

I used the trial encoder with exact Frankie config as recommended

1 Like

I’ve just tried a test and the server is working, I’m no expert but it must be something else. Have you connected before with the same settings?

1 Like

yes connected twice before on different days and was working

1 Like

ok then hopefully someone else will pick this up and be able to look at your logins and see whats gone on. Sorry I couldn’t help more.

1 Like

Have you tried using another platform to stream like OBSnwhen you were having issues?

2 Likes

Hi @Deeze, this problem is due to your Internet settings or wrong ingest URL. We have many DJs using Frankie every day and if your dns settings are correct (ie. your Internet setup is working as it should) and the video URL is correct, the server will accept your connection.

The most probable issue is that you have been using an example URL from the docs that is not working (they are marked as examples and not working ones), you are trying to connect to an old or wrong server, or you have just typed the URL incorrectly in your streaming software.

Other issue might be that the error message is correct and despite having correct ingest URL, the server is unreachable for some reason. If you can’t connect to streamer-trial.slipmat.io (which is the server Frankie currently uses), then you need to ask help from your ISP. (Following the above link with your browser should give you a 403 page. If it doesn’t, something is wrong with your connection.)

I can’t help you further here but I can 100% guarantee that the issue is on your side and with your settings as Frankie does not immediately disconnect any connections it gets. If you need further help, others here can help you more, just double-check your URLs and keys.

2 Likes

All is well…I figured out the issue, waited until the server was clear and no one else broadcasting at the moment and was able to connect with no problems. Thanks for all the help :+1:

1 Like