Mixcloud Live experiences?

I stream on Mixcloud every weekend for the last 8 weeks. It “does the job” and is good because your stream doesn’t get shut down due to copyright issues. However, it does suffer from video lag and choppiness and listeners have occasionally reported issues with getting booted out of the app and connection issues. Overall I would give it a 7/10.

2 Likes

I’m using Mixcloud already for a long time to upload my mixes to it. Since they launched their live stream, I started using it. It was very straight forward to set everything up and was live in like 5 minutes.
Since a few days now, they show the recording (only sound) of your live stream that you can immediately add to your uploaded mixes. You get the same screen as you would upload your mix. So you can add the track list to it, change the title and so on.
I’m using restream to stream on Mixcloud and Twitch simultaneously. I stopped doing a facebook live as I got cut off too much.
The only thing I would like to see is the actual viewers/listeners. Now it counts up each time you refresh your browser, but other than that I very pleased with what they are doing.

1 Like