Getting Started With Slipmat Broadcasting Just Got Easier! - Unofficial Quickstart Guide

With the collaboration of DJ aSa, I have put together a very simple to follow step-by-step guide, With screen shots on how to get started broadcasting on Slipmat in a shorter time and grow this premiere and free broadcast platform. This is an unofficial document.

This PDF document will take you through each step without any confusion. Note that his document does not assist you with your selected broadcast software.

It does show you where to get your unique broadcast key and ingest server URL once you are logged in.

You currently get on Slipmat by applying and then by invitation, and earn the DJ Admin link to be able to broadcast.

The document will be uploaded to the slipmat backstage when edits are completed and get a final approval.

The word document is so you can translate into other languages and can be uploaded to Backstage.

DO NOT REMOVE the Credits.

Enjoy your broadcasting experience…DJ Blade Sparx

1 Like

Thanks for helping out. I still ask that you consider moving this document here on Backstage so it would be easier to access and contribute to. Slipmat is all about community and open source, and documents like these are the easiest way everyone can help making things better :slight_smile: (We have lots of examples here already, the most visible being the awesome Configuring OBS and related tutorials by @trancedaddy and others. These are linked and used in our official documentation.)

If you want to keep this as a personal non-community contribution, that’s totally OK, too, but then I ask you make it clear in the document that this is an unofficial thing and that official community documentation, help and discussion is available at https://backstage.slipmat.io

In any case it’s of course OK to have your name and attributions mentioned in the document, but it would get way more visibility here on the site if we could use and link to it everywhere :slight_smile:

A couple of comments about the document in question now that it’s public:

• The very first sentence is misleading and wrong. Firstly nobody gets approved, but DJs get invited to the platform. But more importantly, only DJs who have applied to be alpha testers get access to the insiders-channel which is currently the only way to use the native streaming server while it’s in alpha. In other words, when you first get invited to play on Slipmat, you don’t have access to these keys.
  • The text “You can enter Tags but only certain ones are allowed from a programmed list you cannot see.” is just plain wrong. You can use whatever tags you like, there are no limitations.
  • The text "You can also manually start your broadcast " is a bit misleading as the only way to start the event is to go and click the start button.
  • Texts like “Copyright 2019, All Rights Reserved - Slipmat.io” should be changed to include your name only as this is your personal unofficial thing and not a product of Slipmat community (which will always be open for everyone to see and contribute).
  • As a general comment, Slipmat features and UIs change constantly and as a Web platform, the UIs look different on different platforms and mobile/desktop. It would probably be a good idea to mention which version the images depict and desktop or mobile version. (You’ll find the current version from the footer of every page on the site.)

Again, thanks for your efforts in trying to help!

I strongly encourage these kinds of contributions to be made in a way that we could use and modify them as a community – the same way we have built this whole site using thousands of man-hours to benefit the community :slight_smile:

1 Like

I edited my first entry of this discusison and removed the mediafire link which was temporary. I thought you had already reviewed the document. I made the changes you requested.

Can you explain how to and where to upload the PDFs and Word document which are not allowed file formats in these post. Thanks.

If you want to convert it to something the community can contribute to, copy the text and upload the images in a new topic and then we can make it an editable post, otherwise its ok to link to the document in any format you like.

DJ aSa posted it for me.